Here is a sample of a description I did for a "collector Condition" rig. It is not perfect as it had to fit in a limited space, but it might give you a few ideas of what to ask and/or what to state in an offer. Even being as objective as I can be, someone would still need to know my reputation for accurate descriptors in order to trust in the sale. BTW, this offer was at about 30% above the "market" for a claimed-working, as is example.

Curt

   I have worked on several of these TS-700A's over the past couple of
   years and
   this is the 2nd nicest one I have seen.

   Using the Drake/Collins grading standard, this 700A is a VERY GOOD ++ .
   Nearly un-molested as far as I could see, (Some of the wire wrap
   posts have been
   soldered but it was done neatly.) No mods that I can see, and only a
   couple of
   very neatly done maintenance-type repairs. You will have to look
   very carefully
   to tell it has been serviced.

   I have checked this rig out thoroughly on the bench side-by-side
   with an IC-211.
   The VFO is on frequency and the offsets work.
   All modes function as they should. Output is as close to spec as I
   can measure.

   The knobs and front face are excellent. No scratches or rub-offs.
   (the band
   selector has a scuff on the face you can see in the pictures--not a
   scratch--just a scuff)
   All the lighting works.

   The case is very good. There are a couple of scuffed areas
   on the top. The scuffs are not thru the paint and may be able to be
   polished
   out. I have made NO effort to cover, touch-up, or otherwise hide any
   scuffs or
   scratches. There are a few minor scratches thru the paint on the
   bottom of the
   case. The pictures tell the story. The leather handle is in very good
   condition.

   Includes the original 9 pin acc plug and the original AC power cord.
   (could
   convert it to DC if you want to).

   I DO NOT have a mic to include.

   Will include PDF copies of the Operators and Service Manuals on CD.

   You can view an album of photos of this rig at:

   http://picasaweb.google.com/captcurt08/TS700A?feat=directlink

   I will guarantee your satisfaction with this rig..If you don't think
   it is as I
   represent, or it does not meet your expectations, return it to me in
   the same
   condition, by the same transport means and I will send you a full
   refund.

   I will be happy to answer questions or provide more info. Use eMail.