  From: Curt
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [Drakelist] What does "Collector Condition" mean to you

  Hi Jim:

  Absolutely!  It is sooo difficult to quantify condition.  Anyone that is
considering the purchase of a true collector radio, at an elevated price, like
any collectable, would do well to inspect in person or get a known authority to
do same--else, take your chances.  If you never expect it to be above average,
you will rarely be disappointed.

  There are very very few "mint" rigs out there that are older than a year.

  Finally, the worst "clause" in a description is: ".....for its age".   Like
"this radio is perfect considering its age"...or  .."absolutely mint for a
radio of this vintage"    These are laughable in many cases...I call it "the
door-stop scale of collectable radio grading"

  Cheers,

  Curt
  KU8L