  From: Curt
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [Drakelist] What does "Collector Condition" mean to you

  Here is a sample of a description I did for a "collector Condition" rig.  It
is not perfect as it had to fit in a limited space, but it might give you a few
ideas of what to ask and/or what to state in an offer.  Even being as objective
as I can be, someone would still need to know my reputation for accurate
descriptors in order to trust in the sale.  BTW, this offer was at about 30%
above the "market" for a claimed-working, as is example.

  Curt

    I have worked on several of these TS-700A's over the past couple of years
and
    this is the 2nd nicest one I have seen.

    Using the Drake/Collins grading standard, this 700A is a VERY GOOD ++ .
    Nearly un-molested as far as I could see, (Some of the wire wrap posts have
been
    soldered but it was done neatly.) No mods that I can see, and only a couple
of
    very neatly done maintenance-type repairs. You will have to look very
carefully
    to tell it has been serviced.

    I have checked this rig out thoroughly on the bench side-by-side with an
IC-211.
    The VFO is on frequency and the offsets work.
    All modes function as they should. Output is as close to spec as I can
measure.

    The knobs and front face are excellent. No scratches or rub-offs. (the band
    selector has a scuff on the face you can see in the pictures--not a
    scratch--just a scuff)
    All the lighting works.

    The case is very good. There are a couple of scuffed areas
    on the top. The scuffs are not thru the paint and may be able to be polished
    out. I have made NO effort to cover, touch-up, or otherwise hide any scuffs
or
    scratches. There are a few minor scratches thru the paint on the bottom of
the
    case. The pictures tell the story. The leather handle is in very good
    condition.

    Includes the original 9 pin acc plug and the original AC power cord. (could
    convert it to DC if you want to).

    I DO NOT have a mic to include.

    Will include PDF copies of the Operators and Service Manuals on CD.

    You can view an album of photos of this rig at:

    http://picasaweb.google.com/captcurt08/TS700A?feat=directlink

    I will guarantee your satisfaction with this rig..If you don't think it is
as I
    represent, or it does not meet your expectations, return it to me in the
same
    condition, by the same transport means and I will send you a full refund.

    I will be happy to answer questions or provide more info. Use eMail.