Hi All,

I followed the link in that other post to an archive of  Ham Radio Magazine.
This because I too was curious about how the digital alternative for the Drake FS4 frequency synthesizer, as mentioned in this post, looked like in those days.

I had a very good time reading!
And also, browsing trough the rest of that copy of Ham Radio Magazine was nice, giving a good view on that era in Ham radio.
Thanks a lot for that link - I guess I will be reading a lot more there!

But.....
I got really (historically) interested in that alternative for the FS4 after reading I know its design is very dated and nowadays there are far better solutions like integrated circuit DDS's etc. but still...

I searched the internet if I could find more about it.
I found a follow-up of the article, or better a letter in HRM from the author W6NBI, mentioning additional info and a version with a 100 kHz reference.
I could not find this additional info anywhere on the internet though.
I did find in a posting from this list that the author had indicated not to be bothered anymore with questions about his (40+ years!) old design .
So my question is:

>>> Is there anybody on this list who has or knows where to find this additional info?

I hope somebody can help with this nice "Drake history". (kind of anyway) ;-)

73's,

Henry - PA0HJA