On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 19:28:29 -0600, Don Cunningham wrote:

>The braid mod you mentioned was a Drake factory fix to
>a problem found.  There are many such things Drake put out to fix known
>engineering oversights.

That brings up the point that even "factory mods" can be poor engineering. Case
in point, the Drake-published "all-band transmit" mod for the TR-7 that
disables the PLL out-of-lock signal. I can see Drake wanting a quick and simple
mod for screwdriver jockeys in the field, but it's just plain bad, and there is
a better way.

And speaking of bad mods, DrakeMod6 needs to be corrected to remove the advice
to reverse the direction FA-7! I proved that this was a bad mod two years ago,
but it's still out there and people still believe it.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org