On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:09:15 -0500 (EST), kc9...@aol.com wrote:

>Most of Parts for the Sherwood MODS are not cheap...the relays alone
>for the filter swich board are $20 each + and you need several.
>Also, you need to be pretty creative to get it all in there...pretty
>tight in places.

I guess we need to define which "mods" we are talking about. The filters are a
subset of the entire "Sherwood" legend. Personally, I'm not particularly
interested in dancing roofing filters, but if I was I probably could scrounge
the necessary relays and such over time. The filters themselves, yes, they are
pricey. The audio amp, power supply, product detector, etc., parts are cheap.
I've got most of what I need for a lot of that, and probably didn't spend over
$30. It's easier for me to buy a little somethign here and there than it is to
plop down a lump sum all at once. Not that I am at all opposed to Mr. Sherwood
making a buck or two doing something that he enjoys.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org