Lee -

I'll never learn....... The '500W input carrier' level for the L-4B is for an AM input, i.e. full carrier.

I still think that 15-20W input to the amp for about 150 to 200W output carrier
is about right.

I'll be quiet now and wait for someone who knows what they are talking
about.............

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

kc9...@aol.com wrote:
Hi gang...
Using the T-4XC and L-4B on AM for the first time tonight..CAREFULLY.
OK, tune up good, go to AM have about .12 amps plate current at idle .... and 15 watts out with NO Mic input.
Seems a little high?

Also, with that scenario...I get 350 MA idle plate current on the L-4B with no Mic input...seems high??
73,
Thanks,
Lee