  From: Steve Wedge
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:35 PM
  Subject: [Drakelist] R-4C 2.4 kHz filter

  Garey, you were right, as usual.

  I pulled the 2.4k filter out of the R-4C (late prod).  I am hoping I can get
it back in, as it's definitely microsurgery!

  After liberating the filter, I checked the continuity of the wiring -
connectivity is fine through both switch wafers.

  So I wired up the filter with some short hook-up wire (you can't just plug
into any of the accessory sockets due to the studs for the GND connections) and
plugged it into the .25 filter bay.  The additional insertion loss is gone!

  Getting this back in its place is going to be a workout.  I'm figuring at
this point that we had a bad connection - but I've got a nagging feeling the
problem will be back when I reinstall the filter.  Still - this is a better
place to be right now than holding a $100+ replacement and discovering I didn't
need it.

  73,

  Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

  "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."
  - Joe Walsh

  If the above message appears, it came from Steve's Son of Laptop!