Larry, you found what I would call the achille's heel of rebuilding the AC3.
Although I prefer the nice engineering of the Heathkit shop rebuild, for an AC3
using Hayseed caps would IMO be better from a safety point of view.

Drake used heavy cardboard on the caps, so in theory something as simple as
heavy cardboard over the PCB would work.  Whatever you use, putting a cover on
the AC3 HV points is a *very* good idea from a safety standpoint.

73
Ron WD8SBB