Paul,

The best probe I have found for the purpose are the old 100X scope
probes.  They have a very low capacitance on the order of 2.5pF in
parallel with 10Meg so circuit loading is minimal.  Most have extra
voltage capability which is handy for working around transmitters.
While designed for AC & DC measurements via scopes, you can use them
accurately with DMM's because the 100X divider swamps out the loading
effect of the DMM.  The numerical accuracy of the DMM compensates for
the high voltage division ratio.

Dennis AE6C