Carbon film 10M should be stable as long as it is not subjected to
voltages near its maximum ratings for extended periods of time.  Long
term drift could occur if for example a 1/4 watt carbon film (typ 300V
rated) is soldered into a circuit whereby it sees 200 to 300V
continuously for many, many hours.  Heat buildup will compound the
drift.  Though, in no way would this drift approach that of a carbon
comp.

But for a probe, I think you have no issue with stability.  BTW,
capacitance can be further reduced by putting resistors in series.  It
will already by low, but series resistors might help you with finding
metal film of high enough value.  It will also increase the voltage
rating of your probe. The probe body is long so in-line series
connections should fit.

Dennis AE6C