I just acquired an R-4C, s/n 23xxx, in excellent condition.  It has the 3 CW
filters and the 6kc AM filter, but no other changes.  It works well but has an
S7 background noise that is not present on my Ten Tec Corsair II.  I'm planning
on installing several of the Sherwood mods, but not all ot once.  What mods
would produce the most improvement and in what order should they be
incorporated?  I can do the work myself.  I have the original owners manual
with the schematic #11017421000.  Thanks for your help.

John Boyle, VE3PMA