Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:24:28 -0500
From: cptc...@flash.net
To: damienman...@hotmail.com; drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] What have I done now?

    Hi Damien:

      Yes, especially when replying to posts, be sure to note where the
      reply is directed address-wise.  Always good to copy the list as
      well as any direct message so others can follow along with the
      discussion responses.

      The scenario Garey outlined is very likely indeed.  It kind of was
      an extension of my comment about it is sometimes hard to tell
      exactly what was going to happen in all stages of the rig.  He
      went into the schematic a little deeper than I did--All of those
      guys are very knowledgeable in the Drake line-up.

      If you plan to do much work at all on these rigs, Garey's CD with
      annotated pictures and notes is the best available as far as I
      know.

      Hopefully, you caught it before the finals or other parts got
      damaged.

      BTW, a fan pulling air out of the back of the cage is a great
      benefit to these rigs to shed some of the heat.  That being said,
      these things will run 24/7 at rated output in tough modes like
      RTTY and just keep going--they are very robust as long as properly
      loaded.

      Cheers

      Curt