Hi,

The proprietary stack for the RaspberryPi allows for a number of video
parameters widely used by their users, but yet don't have any equivalents
in the mainline kernel.

Those options are detailed here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/video.md

While not all of them are desirable to have in the mainline kernel, some of
them still have value, such as properties to initialise the overscan or
rotation parameters, or the one to deal with broken displays.

This series is an attempt to support those, and is based on a rewrite of
the command line parser I did a couple of years ago that never reached
upstream (due to a lack of time on my side). While this parser was
initially made to deal with named modes (in order to support TV modes), it
also allowed to extend it more easily, which is why it's resurrected.

Since a change of the command line parser can pretty easily get things
wrong and introduce regressions, I also worked with a number of unit tests
that you can find here: http://code.bulix.org/tpo7dg-607264?raw

Eventually, I guess those tests should be part of the kernel somewhere, but
I haven't found a suitable place for them to be included yet.

Let me know what you think,
Maxime

Maxime Ripard (7):
  drm/vc4: hdmi: Check that the monitor supports HDMI audio
  drm/edid: Allow to ignore the audio EDID data
  drm/edid: Allow to ignore the HDMI monitor mode
  drm/modes: Rewrite the command line parser
  drm/modes: Support modes names on the command line
  drm/modes: Allow to specify rotation and reflection on the commandline
  drm/modes: Parse overscan properties

 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_connector.c |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_edid.c      |  16 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fb_helper.c |  55 ++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_modes.c     | 441 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_hdmi.c  |   6 +-
 include/drm/drm_connector.h     |   3 +-

base-commit: e179d8e074e05a913a0915ae3c4b82f1434d9f4e
--
git-series 0.9.1