Hi

Am 13.07.23 um 10:32 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
On 7/12/23 17:25, Jocelyn Falempe wrote:
On 12/07/2023 17:05, Sui Jingfeng wrote:
On 2023/7/10 16:07, Jocelyn Falempe wrote:

On the other hand, are there any drawback to present a BMC connector even when
the hardware doesn't have it ?

If not properly setting up, I think you will create two encoder and two
connector in the system.

Yes, but I think it won't have any visible effect for the end-user.

I'm afraid user-space display servers would waste effort producing content for
a non-existing BMC (assuming its connector status is connected or unknown).

Right now, the BMC output works because the VGA status is always connected. So nothing really changes.

Best regards
Thomas

--
Thomas Zimmermann