Am 28.09.23 um 15:58 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
On 9/28/23 15:23, Christian König wrote:
What you need to do here is to report those problems to the driver teams and
not try to hide them this way.
See the linked issue: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2861
(BTW, the original reporter of that issue isn't hitting it with DPMS off but
just starting a game, so there seem to be at least two separate causes of
exceeding 200ms for an atomic commit in DC)

It's not like GitLab issues get much if any attention by DC developers
though... So Ray tried to come up with some kind of solution.

I haven't seen this bug either for the simple reason that it wasn't assigned to anybody. Going to grab it and forward it to the DC guys.

That makes the reasoning understandable, but we should still absolutely not paper over problems like suggested with this patch.

Thanks,
Christian.