On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 05:06:01AM -0000, mgestudios wrote:
> I have a 32 meg DDR radeon on an athlon slot A box.  I have got DRI-CVS to
> install and all the modules are loaded corectaly, but when I startx i get
> a white screen with an outline of console and a block as the curser.

Just a wild-ass suggestion (since it seems to work for me for 2D at
least), try getting CVS from 22 March 2001..  Do this with:

cvs up -D '22 March 2001'

in your top-level directory (xc) and rebuild.  It SEEMS to have given me
workable 2D.  My problem with more recent CVS is that the screen will
blank and the box will lock up tight.  It does that frequently, so
somebody borked it.

I cannot test 3D (other than to say that it doesn't work with 2.4.2-ac26)
at the moment because the kernel is too new for CVS drm and CVS is too new
for the kernel.  The CVS drm has its up()'s and down()'s and they need to
change as the kernel now uses up_{read,write}() and down_{read,write}().
Zeph's taken a look at it and believes all instances of both in drm are
write's, but I'll comb through the tree later to make sure.

Now the pile of caveats:  This is tested on the Radeon 64 Meg DDR VIVO,
retail box, chipset QD.  It appears to work in 2D, as in it's been up
about 10 minutes and hasn't crashed yet (whereas 26 March and on probably
would have by now..)  3D has not been tested and could cause your card to
explode for all I can guess.  All bets are off for other cards, configs,
and any attempt to use 3D.  Good luck, I saw your nightmare in #dri and
for some reason suspect you'll be needing it.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

<Knghtbrd> mariab - don't think Debian hasn't had some very stupid and
           obvious bugs before
<Knghtbrd> of course, we usually fix ours BEFORE we release  =D

PGP signature