Joseph Carter wrote:

> Current speculation is that it might be some issue with agpgart and my
> Abit KT-7A..  Of course, since it's crashing in 2D, I don't see how that
> can be the source of the problem.

It actually VERY unlikely that agpgart is your problem.  VIA support has
been pretty solid in agpgart since I originally wrote agpgart.  In fact
the first chipset that worked under agpgart was a VIA MVP3.

If your enabling the DRI, its actually going to use the same DMA
mechanism that 3D uses to get 2D commands to the card.  Have you tried
the driver without the dri enabled?  (i.e., Have you tried 8bpp or not

> I'm going to see if there are BIOS updates for it and I may also try the
> Mesa 3.5 branch.  I'm seriously regretting my choice of the Radeon at the
> moment, that's for sure.

I personally would suggest narrowing the problem down first before you
get experimental code.  I also wouldn't suggest flashing the BIOS on a
video card unless you know exactly what your doing.  Its possible that
you could render the card useless if you do it incorrectly.

-Jeff