Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I spoke too soon, it would seem.  22 March 2001 also dies, it just managed
> to remain functional overnight.  It crashed, hard, as did later.  It took
> the whole box down in the process.
>
> Thankfully this box uses reiserfs.  It was converted immedately after I
> ended up with a corrupt filesystem one of the last times X did this to
> me..

ReiserFS is more prone to fs corruption than ext2. OTOH, you don't
have to wait for a looong time to fsck big partitions. 2.4 itself has
a few problems... just read the changelog for the latest ac kernels.

> Radeon support is not even pre-alpha quality right now IMO.  =(

It (well, yesterdays) works fine on Red Hat Linux Wolverine + rawhide updates, except
for
Descent 3. This has been a problem with all Radeon drivers I've tried, though.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.