You know that there is a reason why they provide the tar.gz file
so that people using different kernels can use the driver. The
RPMs are simply there for the people that don't o upgrade the
kernel and stick with what Redhat gave them, making it easier for
them. I don't think that compiling and installing the driver from
the tar.gz is terribly hard.

As far as knowing the difference between packages, it is the
end-user's responsibility to know what hardware/software he has
installed on his system so that he gets the right thing. If all
else fails RTFM.

--
John Tobin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; AOL IM: ogre7929