El Dom 28 Oct 2001 19:17, Leif Delgass escribió:

<snip>

> OK.  I did test it out doing it in the way I suggested, but I'm still
> getting a lockup.  I was thinking of compiling with the debugging macros
> turned on to get a better idea of where the problem is.  Since the problem
> doesn't seem to happen with gears, I wonder if there's something in the
> mesa code that isn't locking properly.

Have in mind that the Mesa layer is now writing directly to the registers.
Are this direct writes locked in all the Mesa lib? For example, and at a
first glance, the function:

mach64UploadHwStateLocked @ mach64_ioctl.c

is making WRITE access to the card without calling LOCK_HARDWARE. Perhaps
this funcion is called from another place were the lock takes place, I don't
know. Anyway, when the DMA work takes shape on the Mesa layer, the places
where the lock is needed will be less than now (I think), only when the DMA
buffers are flushed via a BusMaster operation.
So, I think that we must not worry about the interlock while the DMA work is
not finished.

Frank, how is it going? Any news?

Well, I've just commited the changes to the CVS. The Sunday is finishing and
a new week of hard work is beginning :-( . At least here in Spain the week is
shorter (it's only 4 work days). ;-)

Best regards.

--
Manuel Teira