Re: It's multithreaded, yes. The plugins generally run as separate threads.

Correct

Re: I did try the fix that Dark Avenger suggested, and that does clear up
Re: the problem with the OpenGL vis plugin causing XMMS to die.

Glad :)

Re: I just pulled the current XMMS CVS tree, and it looks like this has been
Re: corrected. So, it's probably safe to say 1.2.6 will incorporate the fix.

Yes, I pointed the XMMS developers to my fix before I posted on the DRI list and they
updated the CVS code, along with a mem leak (XFree()) fix I found in the plugin init
function. Then because they were not sure either on the ordering issue, I took it upon
myself to clarify the issues and the proper fix with the experts here, and report back
so we can fix any further threading + GL related issues on XMMS (and perhaps non XMMS)
programs. So here I am :)

Thanks for the reply Derrik