On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, deek wrote:
> >

> > > Vladimir Dergachev scribbled:

> > > I've checked this out.
> > > Seems that there is a buggaboo in the radeon implementation.
> > > I don't know if the same would apply for R128, seems that it
> > > might.
> > >

> > GATOS Radeon driver has the proper handling of memory controller.
> > Consequently, usual drm modules will not work - you need to use drm-kernel
> > package  available at http://gatos.sf.net/
> >
> >                            Vladimir Dergachev
>
> Is there any reason the drivers can't be merged?

No reason at all, in fact that's what I intend to push for. Hopefully
this would be done right now so there is plenty of time till next
release to move around components. The main GATOS  CVS branch is quite
stable. As for memory controller I'll either e-mail a  separate patch to
Jens Owens, or it will go into the main XFree tree  together with the rest
of GATOS patch.

Regardless of the way it is merged the driver major version will need to
be bumped. GATOS drivers does this but only minor - as I did not want to
upload a mesa radeon driver just because of the version change.

                           Vladimir Dergachev