On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Keith Whitwell wrote:

>> >Hehe.  I feel mildly sheepish.  My system wasn't locking hard.  Only the
>> >keyboard, mouse and video card were locking.  I was able to connect over
>> >the network to my machine in order to shut it down safely last time it
>> >"locked up."  It still hoses the Radeon VE card and the keyboard, but
>> >that's better than I thought.
>>
>> Yep, I thought it was dead at first too, until I could ssh in.
>> It is completely repeatable though.  I tried on 3 different
>> machines now, each with a Radeon 7500, a Radeon 64DDR and a
>> Radeon VE.  In all cases using 4.2.0 plus kernel 2.4.17+new DRM.
>>
>> Unstable for me.
>
>Can you try & find a smoking gun?  Is it 4.2.0, new drm (which new drm?) or
>the kernel?  Or something else?

Sorry for not being clear, but I meant 4.2.0 DRM when I said new
DRM.  I can try it with another kernel also.  I'll test it with
2.4.9 and 4.2.0 DRM.

I'm using XFree86 4.2.0 in all cases.  I'll report back with any
new info I find.

Thanks Keith,
TTYL

General open IRC discussion:    #xfree86 on irc.openprojects.net