Around 21 o'clock on Mar 12, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> In the meantime can I get some feedback as to whether this fixes the problems
> people have been seeing on their machines?

Yes, this seems to have fixed the lockups I've been seeing in tuxracer and
bzflag.  Tuxracer seems to work fine now.

However bzflag has a set of "interesting" rendering problems.  It uses
textured GL_QUADS to draw glyphs and they get pretty scrambled.  That
problem appears on both the radeon and the tdfx card I've got, so it seems
to be an issue with Mesa 4. On the radeon card, I'm also seeing problems with
other texturing -- translucency isn't working (translucent objects appear
opaque) and texture colors are getting scrambled (green becomes cyan).

I could attempt to generate a smaller test case if that would be helpful.

Eliminating the lockups is a huge feature though; I've been rather
grateful to Ted Ts'o and Stephen Tweedie in the last couple of days.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab