On Wednesday 20 March 2002 18:29, Anders Haugen wrote:
> >If this is still failing, try setting #if 0 >in s3v_dma.c, line 57 [it is
> > the hw reset >code - is is been called from my libGL too].
> >
> >Then delete the comment to reactivate >S3V_WRITE(S3V_CMD_DMA_ENABLE_REG,
> > 0x1); at >line 270 of s3v_dma.c. (It was in the Utah >approach but I
> > found it useless in my driver)

> that fixed it for me, thanks!

*** to Anders ***

Uhm, (that = #if 0 in s3v_dma.c) or (that = S3V_WRITE(S3V_CMD_DMA_ENABLE_REG,
 0x1)? Did you need both changes to fix the lockup?

> >P.S: how could there be >a "[drm:s3v_dma_dispatch] done dispatch" in
>
> oops, just something left from my first troubleshooting =)

No problemo. Could you please try to back out all the changes (maybe you just
did, just to know...), but the one which fixed the problem? So we can be sure
it is that which hurts.

> ahhh, now i can finally sit back and enjoy hw-accelerated gears on my
> virge. i get around 75fps on my pentium 200mhz

BTW: did you turn debug off? both drm general and s3v specififc?
I thought you should get around ~100 fps with gears on a DX and pentium 200.
I get ~135 fps on a VirgeMX with a PII 233. You should not run much slower.
Let me know (however the greatest speed-up you will notice in 3d games [ever
tried battalion?] and texture apps [try newave or underwater]. They are in
SuSE glutdemos - which distro are you running?).

> thanks again max!

Nothing, my due.

*** to DRI Virge people ***

Did anyone else with a VirgeDX had the same problem of Anders with my code?
If so I will add an #ifdef for Virges DX to enable the change.

Regards,

vale,

- max