On 2002.04.27 17:31 Leif Delgass wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2002, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > Isn't it the buglet Leif fixed tonight?
>
> I changed virt_to_phys to virt_to_bus like you suggested, but that's in
> the _dispatch_vertex.  In the system log that Peter posted, the last
> message before the _vm_dma_nopage was _dispatch_clear, which is currently
> a _wait_for_fifo followed by a series of MMIO writes.  Peter, if you set
> MACH64_VERBOSE to 1 in mach64_drv.h and rebuild the DRM, you should see a
> debug statement for each register access.  This could help us find the
> problem.  That being said though, I don't see where the _vm_dma_nopage
> comes in between _dispatch_clear and the missing debug statement from
> _dma_vertex.

I don't think does. I think that it's called by the kernel, as a response
to a page fault.

> BTW, since I checked in my changes, I've been having problems with the
> PCI
> path again.  Jose, I did most of my testing before merging your changes
> the vertex buffer private struct (for aging), but I don't really see why
> that would cause a problem.  I thought I had tested this after I updated,

I'll check it.

> but it's possible that I forgot to remove agpgart or something.  I think
> this would be easier to deal with if the PCI path used the new PCI DMA
> interface like I'm doing with the descriptor table, so we wouldn't have

Yep. Doesn't make much sense to do something that is already done by the
remaining kernel. Further, I don't see why the DRM should give the AGP/PCI
buffers details to the X server. AFAIK this information is only used to
call the DRM(dma_init), so why make it go back and forward, creating
unnecessary complexity?

> use the deprecated virt_to_bus.  From what I can see, the buf->address
> basically comes from __get_free_pages which is called by
> DRM(alloc_pages).
>
> When we get the MMIO path working for ppc, I think we'll still have to
> make some changes for DMA.  When filling the vertex buffers and setting
> up the descriptor tables, won't we have to convert to little-endian?

Most probably.

José Fonseca