On Fri, 3 May 2002 04:01:42 -0400 (EDT)
Leif Delgass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wanted to give you an update on my progress since I sent the first patch
> of my merge.  None of this is checked in yet, btw.  I added the necessary
> initialization to atidri.c, based on the glint/gamma driver, and got the
> interrupt service routine successfully installed and handling VBLANK
> interrupts.  That was just a matter of getting the IRQ number through a
> DRM function and calling the control ioctl as part of the DRI screen init.
> However, when exiting the X server, I get a hard lockup.  I haven't found

Maybe this is related: whenever the X-server exits I get the following
messages at the end of XFree86.1.log:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

So far it hasn't caused any real trouble so I didn't bother reporting
it. But if this happens before or during the card is reset for text mode
this could cause a lockup.

Regards,
   Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!