On Wednesday 03 Jul 2002 5:03 am, David Willmore scribed numinously:"
> > On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:48:29PM +0100, Tim Smith wrote:
> > > Great. So we're OK on
> > >
> > > Radeon 7500
> > > Radeon 7200
> > >
> > > anyone got a Radeon 7000 or old Radeon no-number to try it on?
> >
> > 7200 is the "old Radeon no-number" AFAIK ;)
>
> This brings up something that I've been meaning to ask.  Is there
> a mapping between card number, features, and chipset revision?
>
> I have an ATI branded board, 64 MB SDR, chipset name 'QD'.  Anyone
> know what I have?  7000, 7200, 7500?  I think the generic Radeon
> driver for windows called it a 7200 last time I looked, but I don't
> trust that as it doesn't even read the monitor resolution settings
> right.

Dunno. I was going by ATI's web site, which lists the Radeon 7500, Radeon
7200, Radeon 7000 aka Radeon VE, and plain old Radeon (inc Radeon VIVO)
under separate headings. That could just be the marketing department of
course...

--
Tim Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
75% of wookies over the age of three hundred wear hairpieces.