On Monday 08 Jul 2002 12:49 am, Michel Dänzer scribed numinously:"
> On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 00:32, Tim Smith wrote:
> > Here it is. It'll need cleaning up if it works, but it'll do as a test.
>
> Took me quite some fiddling to get it working here, but that's mostly
> due to the non-standard and not-quite-finished agpgart implementation
> for Macs. Nothing to worry about, works great now (just played a couple
> minutes of bzflag with it :).
>
> Comments:
> > +    fprintf( stderr, "%s( %d )\n", __FUNCTION__, clear );
>
> s/clear/frame/ - typo, I presume.

Yes. Actually clipboard-itis.

> The scratch register values need to be read with DRM_READ32(), which
> accounts both for endianness and memory barriers. So it would be
>
>               u32 done_age = DRM_READ32(&dev_priv->scratch[1]);

That's good to know; I'll file that a little closer to my forebrain. I'd
noticed the macros before but not taken enough notice. I thought the card
took care of that when it wrote the value back (I believe it can) but maybe
not.

Falling back to the INREG() call if the ioctl returns EINVAL seems like a
wise move.

I'm still poking at that lockup (tracing the packet contents now). I'm
juggling working on it with other things as we have a houseguest at the
moment so the spare room where the computers live is occupied during prime
"hacking hours". If I don't have anything better by the weekend I'll post a
patch containing my "I don't properly understand why this works" fix on
Friday (going to be v. busy all weekend).

--
Tim Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Ce n'est pas une .sig