On Monday 15 Jul 2002 9:33 pm, Charl P. Botha scribed numinously:"
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 09:25:18PM +0100, Tim Smith wrote:
> > I'm back to probing at the lockup now that I have my "hacking space"
> > back. I'll post the WAIT_UNTIL_3D_IDLE version in a minute so there's
> > "a" fix while I try to understand the true problem more. Heh. My boss
> > is in the
>
> Which lockup is this?  Which files in CVS should I watch for your commit?
> I've been scratching at the switch-to-vt-and-back freeze for a few days,
> but am a bit out of my depth with this source.

I'm "almost" certain they're unrelated - this is to say, I've not been able
to provoke the switch-to-vt-and-back freeze on my system. The file is
radeon_state.c; the lockup occurs when waving a 2D window over a very
active 3D window, causing the redraw of the 3D window to occur in several
smaller clipping rectangles rather than one big one. You need a quick(ish,
by todays standards) system (e.g. Athlon 1200) and a heavy 3D app (e.g. the
NeverWinter Nights toolset) to make it happen, though I did manage to make
glxgears do it once.

I'm pretty new at the source myself, so I post (small) patches here rather
than apply them directly, so that wiser heads can hopefully stop me before
I break anything...

--
Tim Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Daleks are now an endangered species, and it is actually illegal not to