On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 19:04, Tim Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 Jul 2002 12:11 am, Michel Dänzer scribed numinously:"
> > On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 20:17, Tim Smith wrote:
> > > On Monday 08 Jul 2002 12:49 am, Michel Dänzer scribed numinously:"

> > > That's good to know; I'll file that a little closer to my forebrain.
> > > I'd noticed the macros before but not taken enough notice. I thought
> > > the card took care of that when it wrote the value back (I believe it
> > > can) but maybe not.
> >
> > It can, but that would mean extra code to set the control registers
> > according to endianness and wouldn't really buy us anything as reading
> > little endian data is free with a decent big endian CPU and the memory
> > barriers would still have to be dealt with.
>
> Yes that makes sense. Like I said, I wasn't paying enough attention :-/
> Still I live and learn; or at least live :-)
>
> Here's a newer patch, against the latest CVS, that incorporates that change
> and also falls back to MMIO if the ioctl fails. If this is OK (no other
> mucking around required to make it work on the mac &c) then I'll commit it.

Looks good, but I think I've got an even better patch:

http://www.penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/radeon-nommio.diff

I've moved the initialization and put the scratch registers right behind
the ring read pointer, this should work with PCI GART and all kinds of
AGP GART. I'll commit this now.

PS: Sorry if you wasted time on this. I worked on it on Monday but
haven't gotten around to finish it until now, and I thought you didn't
have time to work on it this week.