On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 09:00, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> I've incorporated this and turned it into a template:
>
> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/drm-vblank-template.diff

I've put a new one up at
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/files/framethrottle2.diff
which includes MGA support.  I'll work on r128 when I get some time
again.  I may have reversed the IRQ_ACTIVE -> IRQ_NR change
inadvertently, I/we can change that back.  Sleep is my top priority
right now.

> I can't imagine anything but checking for the cause of the IRQ and
> kicking something off accordingly.
>
> > > The r200 client lib doesn't check for the irq number, but I
> > > couldn't figure out what exactly that was being checked for.
>
> To see if the IRQ is enabled.

Oops, I hadn't realized that the ddx was doing the irq init.  Would it
be worthwhile to have the vblank-enabling done by clients and refcounted
so the interrupts are only coming in when there was a need to track
them?  Well, I was registering 0.0 - 0.4% cpu utilization for
interrupts, so maybe we don't care that much.

> > > Also, it seems the driver init macros should be functions.  Is there any reason
> > > why they aren't?
> >
> > Because they didn't use to do much, or because the oringal pre-templated
> > version of the init functions had those bits of code inlined, so the obvious
> > transformation turned them into macros. There's nothing to stop us calling a
> > function from those macros.
>
> DRM(driver_preinstall) etc.?

Done.  Removed the macros completely.

> > One worry I have with the radeon_irq.c code at the moment is the proliferation
> > of ifdef's for linux vs. freebsd code.  I'd like to see this get cleaned up --
> > if nothing else it's ugly...
>
> It's not quite as bad with this patch, still we might want to define
> DRM_WAKEUP or similar.

I need to make that.  Perhaps when I get around to looking at the gamma
code (the other major user of a future DRM_WAKEUP and friends) again
I'll try to fix that up.  Or Mach64.  Was there a trunk merge to mach64
after the bsd-3-0-0 merge?  I should be working on it very soon.

--
Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/