On Die, 2002-09-24 at 10:08, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 09:00, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > I've incorporated this and turned it into a template:
> >
> > http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/drm-vblank-template.diff
>
> I've put a new one up at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/files/framethrottle2.diff
> which includes MGA support.  I'll work on r128 when I get some time
> again.  I may have reversed the IRQ_ACTIVE -> IRQ_NR change
> inadvertently, I/we can change that back.  Sleep is my top priority
> right now.

Yeah, let's iron this out and get it committed; I'll leave the BSD, mga, r200
and whatnot bits to you. :) BTW is there any reason why the mga stuff can't move
to the shared DRM directory?

What about using LIBGL_THROTTLE_REFRESH in all 3D drivers?

I've updated my patch.

> > To see if the IRQ is enabled.
>
> Oops, I hadn't realized that the ddx was doing the irq init.  Would it
> be worthwhile to have the vblank-enabling done by clients and refcounted
> so the interrupts are only coming in when there was a need to track
> them?  Well, I was registering 0.0 - 0.4% cpu utilization for
> interrupts, so maybe we don't care that much.

I don't think we do, and this way it's very easy for other clients to use just
this functionality.

BTW I'm just experiencing IRQ timeouts as well. In fact, no interrupts
occur at all, and the RADEON_GEN_INT_STATUS register seems to always
contain 0x00080007; interestingly, bit 16 isn't documented. Maybe that's
just a red herring though, and the IRQ is disabled in PCI config space
or something?