Keith,

I'm looking to understand the behaviour I'm seeing since I installed
the main branch today.

With the default settings, and glxgears, I see:
r200CreateScreen
1077 frames in 5.0 seconds = 215.400 FPS

(Previously, I'd see around 300FPS for software rendering, and ~1500FPS for
TCL)

If I set R200_NO_USLEEPS, I see:
r200CreateScreen
13368 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2673.600 FPS

In q3, the difference (at 1280x1024, max settings) is around 9FPS... from
71FPS to 82FPS

So, I'm looking to understand why the standard glxgears now renders slower
than software fallbacks used to, and why now when I use R200_NO_RAST I only
see 50FPS in glxgears

Any ideas?

Cheers,
J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Have you been half-asleep? Have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name...
 -Kermit the Frog (Rainbow Connection)