<quote who="Keith Whitwell">
> Why do you even care about software rasterization?  In normal use the card
> basically never does this.

Only because I remember the numbers from when DRI has not been set up
properly, and I get suspicious when DRI runs slower than the software
rendering.

> There is code in the newest r200 driver that uses irq's to do the same
> thing that the old busy waits used to, but (see yesterday's thread) there
> is a bug & I had to disable it.  When that bug is fixed, you should get
> good gears numbers *and* low cpu utilization without any env. vars.

I missed that thread, actually... are you talking about the
r200WaitForFrameCompletion one, or somewhere else?

> >So, I'm looking to understand why the standard glxgears now renders slower
> >than software fallbacks used to, and why now when I use R200_NO_RAST I only
> >see 50FPS in glxgears
>
> Because the usleep takes up a longer time than it takes your cpu to draw a
> frame of gears via software rasterization.

OK, this makes sense for why it would be limited to 200FPS, but it doesn't
explain why R200_NO_RAST now yields 50FPS, does it? I have got the right env
var, havent I? (ie R200_NO_RAST makes it do no hardware accel?)

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ENOSIG