Brian Paul wrote:

[...]

I did some testing with the mesa-4-1-branch today on my r200. Compiling
was less trouble than I expected, everything was pretty much straight
forward ;-)

> I'd appreciate it if people could start testing this branch, esp the
> drivers I haven't tested.  One thing in particular to check is the
> Mesa/demos/readpix program - make sure front/back buffer rendering is
> working.  That's something that I've had to change in all the drivers.

I don't know what exactly readpix is supposed to do, but I think it
works fine. Switching between front and backbuffer doesn't affect the
displayed pictures. The benchmark result is:

Benchmarking...
Result:  325 reads in 4.009000 seconds = 2956697.430781 pixels/sec

My experiences from testing:

Wolfenstein (single-player): works, about same speed as dri-trunk, but
not completely stable (exited with Signal 4 in one run, and Signal 11 in
another, and once I got a complete lockup of the system)

Q3A: stable (at least for the time I tested), but not very fast. In fact
it shows the same symptoms I got with earlier versions of DRI-trunk
(before around 2002-10-11): poor overall speed, and a framerate that
maxes out at 50 FPS. Is the r200-code in your branch from before that
date? If yes, that would explain the behaviour.

small stuff like gl-screensavers, mesa-demos seems to run fine

one more thing: If I disable hardware-TCL (R200_NO_TCL=1), then some
GL-apps won't start ( Signal 8 / FPE ). At least q3a, wolfsp and gears
are affected, probably others too. Disabling hw-TCL does work with
current trunk-code for me.

My system is a AMD 1800+ on a KT266A-mobo, with a Radeon 8500 QL,
linux-2.4.19, agpmode is set to 1, page-flipping is enabled

[...]