On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 13:06, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:

> >>Yes, providing the kernel version is able to support the cmdbuf ioctl.
> >>
> >>Brian's actually done a bit of work on the Mesa-4.1 branch to clean up the
> >>code behind the actual upload (yes, sorry another branch...) that probably
> >>goes a long way to addressing your complaints.
> >>

> > Seems to be about the same as the trunk, what has changed?
>
> In r200_texmem.c, Brian's cleaned up the *usage* of the old ioctl to be a bit
> cleaner & easier to understand (as well as being able to cope with compressed
> textures).  I guess this is only partway to what you'd like, but it makes it
> easier to see how to take the next step.

Ah, so the r100 driver is unchanged there? I'll look into moving the
changes over, but it would probably be easier for Brian or you...

Meanwhile, I've made some funny experiments. The bzflag problem happens
reproducibly on the first run after the X server was started, and then
seemingly randomly. Or maybe not so: I kept starting bzflag and exiting
immediately, and it seems to happen exactly every 21 times! I'm sure
that and the fact that it happens every time with the texmem branch is
trying to tell me something, unfortunately I don't know what... I hope
it rings a bell with anyone.