On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 05:09:39PM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Ian Romanick wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 04:58:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> >>Just tried it for the first time because I hoped it would help with the
> >>texture problems seen in
> >>
> >>http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/bzflag.png
> >>http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/tuxracer.png
> >>
> >>Well, it does seem to change the behaviour, but not only for the good.
> >>While the problems occur randomly with the trunk code, mostly on the
> >>first runs after the server was started, with the texmem code they never
> >>seem to happen with tuxracer, but always with bzflag and quake2. Also, I
> >>don't think I've seen this on x86, anyone? Any idea what's up?
> >>
> >>BTW, would it be feasible to do all texture uploads via blits from AGP
> >>instead of the clumsy method we're using? Might improve upload
> >>performance and even make swapping out to AGP a nop in some cases...
> >>

> > If you're using anything other than R100-class or MGA, then there have been
> > no changes to the code in the texmem branch from when I create the branch.
> > I've been patiently waiting for somebody with the various other DRI
> > supported hardware to make the changes.  Good thing I'm not holding my
> > breath while I wait... :)
>
> Sorry Ian, work gets in the way sometimes.  I haven't had much time at all lately.

Yeah, I know.  It just sucks for me because I know pretty much exactly what
needs to be done, but I can't really do it because I don't have access to
all the different hardware.  Not to worry, I have plenty of other things to
keep me busy too. :)

--
Smile!  http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990315.html