On Mit, 2002-11-27 at 08:32, Dieter Nützel wrote:

> TaskParallelismWithPorts
> The colors of the polyhedron in the middle are missing.
> With LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT or R200_NO_TCL they are fine.
> Some small screenshots could be find in the archive.

Sounds like a problem I'm seeing with the amoeba demo, some faces of a
spinning cube (with the observer inside) are missing.
RADEON_TCL_FORCE_DISABLE=1 fixes it, which wasn't necessary before the
Mesa 5.0 merge. Also, it hangs near the end with HW TCL, but this was
already the case before the merge.

These aren't the only reasons to check out amoeba, some parts of it are
pushing quite hard performance wise, and it's simply fun to watch. :)

I can't reproduce your other problems (they seem to be x86 assembler
specific?), but I do see some problems with the Mesa demos (though it
seems they were already there before the merge):

fire: the fog seems to be much too dense around the initial direction,
everything is almost white

gloss: artifacts with the initial highlight, goes away with SW TCL,
seems to be the same problem as the ice in tuxracer

pointblast: the points are always pixel sized

I wonder if any of these are PPC specific.