On 29 Nov 2002 09:37:15 -0800
Bret Towe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> last night i installed glaxium (0.5) for the first time
> and was playing it runs great
> however when i move the window it freezes x within a minute
> sometimes even less
> but as long as i dont move the window it plays fine
>
> this is a radeon 7500 (built by ati card)
> pageflipping is enabled
>
> i dont know if freezing happens with anything else cause
> i got sick of freezes after about 4 reboots ;)
> if you need any more info let me know

I just tried glaxium myself. And it freezes the Xserver here too.
However, I don't have to move the window :-/ it always freezes about 3
seconds after I enter the game. I also tried it without TCL. Then it
seemed to run fine (at least a few seconds longer than usual) and locked
up as soon as I pushed a button.

I also get the error message about IrqWait. That probably means that the
hardware stops generating interrupts and is in some messed-up state.
Would it be helpful for a developer with Radeon specs to see the last
DMA buffer that was submitted to the card before it locked up? I could
dump DMA buffers to a file and insert a radeonWaitForIdle right after
submitting (and dumping) DMA buffers, so I'm sure I really get the last
one *before* the card locks up.

Regards,
   Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!