On 07 Dec 2002 02:07:03 +0100
Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Die, 2002-12-03 at 23:17, Felix Kühling wrote:
> >
> > I just tried glaxium myself. And it freezes the Xserver here too.
> > However, I don't have to move the window :-/ it always freezes about 3
> > seconds after I enter the game. I also tried it without TCL. Then it
> > seemed to run fine (at least a few seconds longer than usual) and locked
> > up as soon as I pushed a button.
> >
> > I also get the error message about IrqWait. That probably means that the
> > hardware stops generating interrupts and is in some messed-up state.
> > Would it be helpful for a developer with Radeon specs to see the last
> > DMA buffer that was submitted to the card before it locked up?
>
> Unfortunately, the specs are missing a section 'DMA command streams
> which cause lockups'. ;)

Too bad :)

> > I could dump DMA buffers to a file and insert a radeonWaitForIdle right after
> > submitting (and dumping) DMA buffers, so I'm sure I really get the last
> > one *before* the card locks up.
>
> This sounds like a good plan for you to debug this though.

I'm taking a different approach now. I'm trying to narrow it down in the
glaxium source code. It's going to take a few more reboots, though :-/
Once I have a simple programme that reproduces the freeze I'll start
looking at the driver again.

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!