On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 13:36, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> One thing though. It doesn't look like it's hooked to any APM events.
>
> It's just run generically everytime on ModeInit. What happens when you
> VT switch - does it handle them cases too ?

At the moment it's called from RADEONEnterVT() in radeon_driver.c - so
the code is called after every VT switch.  During normal operation this
doesn't cause any problems as it's idempotent.  I would prefer hooking
it more specifically to a power event... however, last time I checked
the infrastructure for non-APM power events didn't seem to be ready.
Many people are using this on ACPI-only laptops with swsusp for software
suspension.

Thanks,
Charl