On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:23:13PM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 03:48:51PM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> Are you still interested in these ones ?
>
> > Yeah.
>
> I put two sequences onto the web server. They are approx. 250 frames each.
> Be careful - even converted to PNG these archives are still 19 MByte each.
> The filenames should speak for themselves. I included a log of the terminal
> output of 'Solace'. BTW, the second one ends with a crash - 'Solace' writes
> something like "Radeon timed out" to the terminal:
>
> http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/bitmap/Radeon/Solace-dlistMax0-draw_method1.tar
>
>http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/bitmap/Radeon/Solace-dlistMax1024-draw_method1.tar

Okay... even on broadband it'll take a while to download these things, but
hopefully it'll be worth it. :)

> >> This not only cures the artifacts I encountered, this also cures the
> >> flickering torus and - as far as I can tell now - it cures the X server
> >> crashes with my Radeon7500. Even with GL_draw_method set to 1,
>
> > Then there's a problem with glArrayElement() in the R200 driver while
> > recording a displaylist.
>
> I'm using the 'radeon' driver for my Radeon7500, not 'r200'.

Oh, my bad.  Too many people to keep track of. :)  It seems that Keith has
already extended the isosurf demo to trigger the failure condition, though,
so hopefully I can stop pretending to be someone who has any idea what's
going on with this. :)

--
http://trikuare.cx