Hello.

I've been having some troubles with dri-cvs for some time when running GL apps (especially the GL hacks that come with JWZs xscreensaver). In particular, I've noticed problems when running "endgame" and "menger" on the root and in windows and then running other windows over them or moving the GL apps window around. Occasionally, my X session locks up completely, and I can only move the mouse around, X's three-finger-salute doesn't work. What I have been able to do when this occurs (other than a hard reset) is to log in over the network and kill the offending GL app. Then, my X session is usable again.

I'm currently using:
$ X -version

<snip>
XFree86 Version 4.2.99.2 (DRI trunk) / X Window System
Release Date: 21 October 2002
<snip>
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.18 i686 [ELF]

I updated my dri-cvs tree on the evening of Jan24, 2003 and compiled/installed it (and then the kernel modules). My video card is a Radeon VE (what is now called a Radeon 7000), I'm using it on the VGA head (as opposed to the DVI) on an ASUS CUBX-E at AGP 2, and I've also applied Charl Botha's dri_resume patch <http://cpbotha.net/files/dri_resume/xfree86-dri-resume-v6.patch> and I have suspended and resumed several times since the last boot. I have also, however, restarted X since the last resume. I'm using the screenhacks from v 4.06 of xscreensaver <http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/xscreensaver-4.06.tar.gz>.

*** UNRELATED (I HOPE) ***
In an unrelated note, when I play these hacks on the root window, they flicker a lot, unlike the non-GL, 2D hacks.

If anyone's interested in this problem and would like me to provide any more information or test some patches, let me know.

Thanks.

Andy