On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Martin Spott wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:51:24PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 14:52, Martin Spott wrote:
>
> > > Where did you take the DRM sources from ? I usually take the source for the
> > > DRM module from the same DRI CVS tree I use to build the whole DRI thing,
> >
> > Mike Harris builds in Red Hat beta and in rawhide
>
> It appears to me that the kernel modules of Mike's build do not differ from
> XFree86 4.2.99.901 - at least he didn't include any additional patches
> that thouch the kernel modules. I have the impression he also did not
> include any patches that touch the Radeon driver in a way that might prevent
> from lockups.
>
> So are we going to see XFree86-4.3.0 with broken Radeon DRI drivers ?
>
> Martin.

I noticed that Michel's fix for large textures in
radeon_cp_dispatch_texture() has only been in XFree86 cvs since 4.2.99.902
(about 10 days ago).  I'm not sure if the problem that fixed could cause a
lockup, but you might want to try building a DRM from current X cvs and
see if it makes a difference.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net