Hello José,

I've been reading a bit about Via's ProSavage chipsets with integrated
Savage4/8 graphics. And I've been thinking to buy a laptop in the near
future, as a debugging aid with DRI and as a toy ;-) and of course for
some work.

Anyway, I have no exact prediction as to when I will buy it, but when I
do it will most probably have a Savage4 or 8 graphics chip and I would
be interested in helping with the driver development.

Sorry for not being more specific,

Felix

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:54:56 +0000
José Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After receiving so far 6 personal mails of people interesting in
> developing the S3 Savage DRI driver I've decided to write a section in
> the DRI Developers FAQ regarding its development:
> http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/faq/hardware.html#SAVAGE .
>
> It's a shame that of those who very few actually replied back. The
> Savage obviously raises a lot of interest and if they got together the
> driver would be a reality in no time. If they instead rely on me to do
> the initial work they'll have to wait quite while - not that I gave up,
> but my priorities are [in order] my PhD, TG work, Mach64, and only the
> new drivers Savage/Trident/nVidia.
>
> Also before I do any further work in new drivers I want to pull out a
> more general Mesa/3D DRI driver framework that could be shared by those
> new drivers, to avoid so much copying'n'pasting which yelds such a waste
> of time when writing a new driver, and maitaining them afterwords.
>
> Regards,
>
> José Fonseca

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!