On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 02:56:09PM +0100, Felix Kühling wrote:
> Hello José,
>
> I've been reading a bit about Via's ProSavage chipsets with integrated
> Savage4/8 graphics. And I've been thinking to buy a laptop in the near
> future, as a debugging aid with DRI and as a toy ;-) and of course for
> some work.
>
> Anyway, I have no exact prediction as to when I will buy it, but when I
> do it will most probably have a Savage4 or 8 graphics chip and I would
> be interested in helping with the driver development.

That would be great, Felix! It doesn't really matter when. The Savage4
is more a pet project than a real need for me, as my laptop [my main
working machine] has a Mach64 [and I don't plane to replace it in the
next couple years]. What drives me to want a Savage4 is: the frustration
I had been trhu trying to get Direct3D driver for it in my old Windows
times; the fact is so common in laptops; and they are included in some
versions of VIA Mini-ITX cards.

José Fonseca