On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 08:11:33PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 16:33, José Fonseca wrote:
> > That would be great, Felix! It doesn't really matter when. The Savage4
> > is more a pet project than a real need for me, as my laptop [my main
> > working machine] has a Mach64 [and I don't plane to replace it in the
> > next couple years]. What drives me to want a Savage4 is: the frustration
> > I had been trhu trying to get Direct3D driver for it in my old Windows
> > times; the fact is so common in laptops; and they are included in some
> > versions of VIA Mini-ITX cards.
>
> The typical VIA ones are trident at the low end and castlerock at the
> CLE266 ("high" being relative here) end. Docs exist for the trident
> 3D accelerator. CLE266 isn't exactly an S3

I already don't know where but I remember reading somewhere that one of
the VIA Mini-ITX shipped a Via Prosavage PLT133T (with a Savage4 core),
but reading the specs again they all mention either Via Apollo PLE133
(Trident CyberBlade/i1 core) or a Via Apollo CLE266 (no idea what's in
it), so I must have made a confusion somewhere...

Thanks for the correction.

José Fonseca