On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:49:46AM -0700, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Charl P. Botha wrote:
> >The drmCmdBuffer: -22 is indeed gone.  Do you still see the "glthreads:
> >radeon_vtxfmt.c:1057: radeonVtxfmtUnbindContext: Assertion vb.context ==
> >ctx' failed." at startup however?
> >

> I haven't reproduced this.  Do you see it on UP boxes, or just SMP?
> glthreads.c seems to work perfectly for me here...
>
> Has anyone reproduced the server-recycle hang I reported earlier?  I've
> changed test machines & don't see it any more...

First things first: Keith, you rule. :)

Now that we've gotten that out of the way:

1. The vtxfmt assert bug disappeared when I upgraded to latest DRI CVS.
Thanks DRI people.  I was running 4.3.0 RC2, with which I can still
reproduce the vtxfmt assert error with Keith's modified glthreads.c.

2. When I applied your new module release method patch, the very
longstanding and irritating and evil application-terminating drmCmdBuffer:
-22 bug I was still seeing with my large multi-context VTK (Visualization
ToolKit) application went away.  I have a small wxPython/VTK example with
which I can reproduce this (with every execution) on 4.3.0 RC2.

If by server-recycle you mean stopping and starting X, I haven't seen any
lockups with that.

Thank you very much,
Charl